Thursday, January 28, 2010

gospel light

This little "light" of mine....

(Oh yeah, by the way...Micah has RSV, which means that he has spent most of this week at home, with Dan and I alternating taking care of him.  We made the decision pretty late in the day yesterday that he needed one more day at home and it would be my turn, so this morning he and I set off to school to make sure everything was in place for my sub.)

We got there around 8, which gave me about 30 minutes before the kiddos arrived to talk to my sub and make sure my makeshift plans made sense.  The time went by pretty quickly, and Micah busied himself with carrying my birthday pencils around the room and trying to take apart the solar system models that the 3rd graders had worked on all week.  Several students arrived early to drop off their science projects and were SO excited to see him there at school.  There were about 8 of them standing in a circle around him, oohing and aahing over "how cute" he was.  (It's not like I talk about him.....all the time......)

What was Micah doing?  Well, of course he was in the middle of the circle, blowing kisses to the kids and saying "hiya!" to each one.

At 845 the bell rang, signaling the start of the school day.  The first order of business is the pledge of allegiance, followed by the morning announcements.  I reminded my students to stand for the pledge.

Micah looked around the room.....saw all the kids standing with their hands over their hearts.....and bless his little heart, he knew he was supposed to be doing SOMETHING but wasn't quite sure what. 

He turned to me, and with a smile on his face....

he folded his little hands in prayer while we said the Pledge of Allegiance.  

In that one instant, my heart just about burst I loved him so much.  My pride and joy.

This may be "publican school", but -


I'm gonna let him shine. 

No comments:

background