Monday, January 11, 2010

what a guy

You know, it's NOT all about Micah!

Okay......well really, most of the time it is.

However, there is, living in my house, another "boy" that has captured my heart from the beginning, and I thought it only fair to do a little bragging - er, blogging - about him, too.  He is an amazing guy: doting father to our little boy, loving husband, patient teacher, loyal athlete, and follower of God - the last certainly NOT being the least.

It's not often (enough) that I toot his horn, so I thought it was about darn time.  Dan, here's to you (HONK! HONK!)...

Did you know that Dan.....

makes AND packs my lunch and then packs AND takes my computer bag and Micah's daycare diapers and puts them all in my car every single morning before he leaves?

snowblows the entire driveway and sidewalk without so much as asking me to lift a finger to help?  And when I offer to help, he refuses it?  Same goes with mowing the lawn. 

fixes dinner when I don't move fast enough to get it started?

cleans up the kitchen after dinner and starts the dishwasher?  Oh yeah, he unloads it too if I forget to do that.     

does all of our laundry?  Every week!  I mean washes, dries, hangs it or folds it in some form, and puts it away. 

grocery shops when he can get his hands on the list and the grocery money?

started going to church with me when we first started dating after being absent from the church scene for 15 years and now makes sure that his son is in church every opportunity we get?

reminds Micah to fold his hands so we can pray before meals?

takes care of me when I'm sick?

DOESN'T drive me nuts when HE'S sick?

roots for the same sports teams all the time no matter how awesome or terrible they are because he is one of the most loyal people I know?

follows my lead when it comes to decisions of the heart, such as the timing of adding little ones to our family?

jumped on board last February when we took on the biggest financial pursuit of our young lives and enrolled in Financial Peace University, and is TO THIS DAY an active participant, even though the way we handle our God's money is drastically different than he's used to?

goes to social functions that he would rather not go to just because I ask him to?

works a part-time job 20 hours a week with adults who have special needs and continues to do this so we can keep paying off our debt?  Even though he would much rather be home with his own little guy.

And last, but MOST IMPORTANT:
turns on my electric blanket - that he thought of on his own and bought me for Christmas - every single night an hour before I go to bed so I don't have to climb into cold sheets???  Our temps have been in the negatives.  'Nuff said. 

That totally makes my day. 

Okay, guess that's enough for now.  I sure don't want him to get a big head.  There are a million more things I could write about, but I think you get my point. 

What a guy - yep, I am one lucky girl!

And I will forever treasure him and be glad he's mine. 

He said it best when he said, "Love since cotton candy!"  But THAT'S a story for another time.....

1 comment:

Patrick and Betsy said...

awe I remember the cotton candy story...how cute!!

background