Friday, February 26, 2010

naughty streak

The understatement of the week:

"Daycare was a leeeeeeeeetle bit rough this week."

Now, I know you find it just as hard to believe that as I do.....knowing my sweet, angelic-faced, little, can-do-no-wrong baby boy (GUFFAW) but believe you me, he got in a leeeeeeeeeeeeetle bit of trouble this week!

When I pick Micah up, I always ask him how his day was.  (How stupid is that?  Like he's EVER gonna answer me, especially when he's done something wrong!)  I've found recently that when he has done something wrong or had a bad day, he greets me at the door and showers me with blown kisses.  On really bad days, he runs and blows kisses before he even gets TO me.  I guess that's to soften the blow.

Don't tell him, but it usually works.  

The following daily reports are summarized for your reading pleasure - and so my mom can relish the moments where I am reaping the sweet fruits of PAYBACK.

By the way, no names have been changed because Micah is darn guilty and really did do all these things.  

Tuesday: Micah chucked a toy at the glass fireplace screen.  He turned and looked at Donna - she says she didn't say a single word but just looked at him - and he realized that what he had done was PROBABLY not allowed.  I swear he's good at interpreting looks, even at 17 months.  He knows when he's in trouble, and this, well, this would be one of those times.  So he walked over and sat himself down on the floor!  After a few seconds, he got up and started to walk away.  Donna was still looking at him.  He looked at her......looked over at Grandma (Donna's mom)......and walked back and sat down.  Yes, thank you, we do practice self-discipline at our house.

Wednesday: Today his target wasn't the fireplace screen but the children he spends all day with.  Apparently toys were made for throwing at other children and ponytails were made for pulling.  Now, in his defense, if there was a little girl nearby with a Bam-Bam ponytail sticking out of the top of her head, I would think it was there for me to pull too!  How can a little boy resist??!?!?!  Isn't pulling hair a sign that you like a girl?  Wait a minute......we are SO not ready for that stage yet....... 

Thursday: By now Micah is what we would consider a "repeat offender".  Yesterday, when I picked him up, I started off with this plea: "Buddy, PLEEEEEEEASE tell me you had a better day today. "  And then I looked at Donna, waiting for confirmation.

Yep, it's Friday.....still waiting for that confirmation.....

She said to me, "Mommy, we're just having a rough WEEK."  Yesterday, he discovered a new game, of which he is very fond.  It goes something like this...first, you take a hard toy, like a block, and you bang it on someone's head or throw it so it hits them in the head.  Then you RUN (AKA waddle really fast) away from said child until you are out of reach.  Then you stop, turn, and laugh.  Because apparently, in Micah's world, that is really funny!  So was timeout, I hear.  You can imagine the rest of the day.

Friday: Today my little angel-face really did have a great day!  That made me so happy.  I love hearing that so much more than all the naughty little things he has done.  The toddler stage may very well make him an only child!

On the positive side, I got showered with "blown kisses" this week......

No comments:

background